Engine Repair in Columbia, MO, 65203
How does an engine work?
Your vehicle’s engine is vital to an enjoyable and safe driving experience. Simply put, a vehicle’s engine keeps your car or truck running by burning and converting gas to force that turns the wheels of your car. Toyota, Honda, Ford, and Hyundai may have different types of engines inside them, but they all work the same way. Vehicle engines are called internal combustion engines because a spark ignites a mixture of petrol vapor and compressed air inside a sealed cylinder, causing it to burn rapidly. As the mixture burns, it expands, providing power to drive the car.
A vehicle’s engine consists of two basic parts: the lower, heavier section called the cylinder block, a casing for the engine’s main moving parts, and a detachable upper cover called the cylinder head. The parts of an overhead camshaft engine include:
- Camshaft: The camshaft regulates the timing of the opening and closing of the engine valves and transfers the up and down motion from the crankshaft to control the movement of the lifters.
- Engine Block: Considered the heart of the engine, the engine block has several blocks that contains the cylinders and provides paths for water and oil to travel throughout the engine. The engine block also holds the pistons, between four and twelve cylinders, the crankshaft, and the camshaft.
- Crankshaft: Similar to how a jack-in-the-box operates, the crankshaft turns the pistons up and down motion into a reciprocal motion, at engine speed.
How do I know if my engine requires repairs?
An automobile’s engine is an intricate device that is fundamental to taking you from one destination to another. Because of this, you should not overlook any kind of problems with your engine. It is always a good idea to bring in your vehicle for smaller sized engine repairs rather than wait for a larger issue to occur that can cause extreme damages to your car as well as cost you a lot more. If you are concerned regarding the health of your engine, you can bring your car to All-Star Automotive in Columbia We specialize in oil changes, fluid services and tune-ups, transmission repair, as well as engine repair and engine replacement. We can figure out if the trouble is coming from your engine head gasket, the belts & hoses, exhaust system, catalytic converter, or another part.
Below are a few of our pointers for preventative maintenance to keep your engine running smoothly and prevent large damages:
- Change your oil regularly and use the recommended weight of oil.
- Change your timing belt at your manufacturer’s recommended interval.
- Give your engine time to warm up before driving, especially when the climate is cool. This will allow the oil enter into all parts of the engine before placing a huge load on the engine.
Some indication of a damaged engine include:
- Your vehicle’s “Inspect Engine” light is on.
This light turning on can indicate the oxygen sensing unit needs changing, the catalytic converter is damaged, the gas cap is not capped, or something else. Whatever the reason is, a “Inspect Engine” light must not be ignored.
- The engine does not start when you turn your key in the ignition.
This usually indicates an issue with the way your engine processes gas.
- Your automobile is consuming more gas than usual (you are getting less miles per gallon).
- You feel shaking and/or listen to unusual noises coming from below your vehicle’s hood.
Whether you would like to bring your car in for preventative engine upkeep or a more extensive engine repair work, we at All-Star Automotive in Columbia can deal with all your car repair needs.
Your award-winning local Shop for Engine Repair
Having engine troubles can be overwhelming, however at All-Star Automotive, we can reduce your stress and anxieties. Serving neighborhoods in Boone County, Columbia, Pierpont, Prathersville, Deer Park, Midway and bordering locations since 1993, our expertly trained and ASE certified technicians as well as owner Devin Kelley have a substantial amount of expertise on different sorts of engines and also we offer complete, high-quality repairs that will get you back on the road as soon as possible.
- Locally owned and operated since 1993
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- We have a review score of 5 based on reviews from hundreds of satisfied customers.
- Shuttle on all services, loaner on major service, free towing (limited)
If you are in the 65203 area or nearby, feel free to schedule an appointment with All-Star Automotive today! We serve residents of Columbia, Pierpont, Prathersville, Deer Park, Midway, and beyond. All-Star Automotive – For a full range of auto repairs in Columbia, MO, count on the team of professionals at All-Star Automotive. Come to us for auto air conditioning or car maintenance. You can give us a call at (573) 442-8172 or schedule an appointment with us online. All-Star Automotive – For a full range of auto repairs in Columbia, MO, count on the team of professionals at All-Star Automotive.